Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I have a girlfriend who is suffering chronic migraine.

Hi, I have a girlfriend who is suffering chronic migraine.

Patient: Hi, I have a girlfriend who is suffering chronic migraine she has had it since last sunday and hasnt been able to keep food or liquids down since. She usually gets migraines 2 maybe 3 times a year that put her out of action for around 3 days but this is about th 4th one so far this year and unusually longer in duration. She generally has a very,very busy lifestyle and im thinking its all caught up with her altho i will mention she had a cervical cancer procedure a week and a half ago. Not sure if the 2 might b related

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,I am not clear as to what cervical cancer procedure you are talk ing about as in a case of established cervical cancer the treatment remains surgical removal of cervix and if in operable then chemoradiotherapy sessions. I feel she may have undergone LEEP procedure for cervical erosions secondary to HPV which are not in any way related to headaches at all.This is likely migraine attack itself and as you said is aggravated by physical , mental and psychological stressors more than any other organic causes, so she may keep herself well hydrated, stress free, sleep in a quiet dark room and if still not controlled then can opt for anti-migrainous drugs like TAB SUMATRIPTAN, which are available only on prescription. So ideally she should be seen by her physician as its already the 4th days.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards

Patient: I’ve never suffered from migraines so always assumed it was a major headache but the fact that she can’t keep food or liquids down tells me it’s more than that

Doctor: It is common in migraine to feel nauseated and can be controlled with anti emetics and NSAIDS.