Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I have a good sized bump, reddish brown in

Hi I have a good sized bump, reddish brown in

Patient: Hi. I have a good sized bump, reddish brown in colour, on the top of my thigh. It’s been there for a number of years. It isn’t painful or anything But it is rather distressing as it has grown in size and hardened as the years have gone by. i am worried it may be something to be concerned about and the only way to find out is to ask. I will send a pic of the affected area to help with diagnosis

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Sebaceous cyst.It is due to collection of the secretions of sebaceous glands. It is characterised by central black colored punctum.It can be managed by giving intralesional steroid injection or can be removed by surgical under local anaesthesia.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you advice.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy