Hi I have a large swollen lymph node in my

Patient : Hi I have a large swollen lymph node in my neck( cervical mode) I had an ultrasound on it about a month ago but haven't gotten the results yet. Should I worry? My Dr is off on sympatico until the last of the month
Symptoms:  Had a cough for about a year
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query and a clear image. This is a large mass and needs to be investigated properly again. You may please consult a General or an ENT Surgeon for a clinical evaluation, investigations and proper treatment. I would advise you in such a situation the following: -FNAC/ Biopsy is a must as this is the only investigations that gives correct and precise diagnosis to start a proper treatment. - Investigations of the blood and urine just support the diagnosis. - X-ray of the chest - Ultrasonography of the abdomen particularly for lymph nodes, liver and spleen enlargement. All these investigations will give us the proper diagnosis and treatment. Hope this helps you

Patient: Ok am I able to request these tests to be done? Or is it something my doctor should have ordered? Do it matter if it hard?