Hi I have a large swollen lymph node in my

Patient

Q: Hi I have a large swollen lymph node in my neck( cervical mode) I had an ultrasound on it about a month ago but haven't gotten the results yet. Should I worry? My Dr is off on sympatico until the last of the month

Symptoms:  Had a cough for about a year
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and a clear image.

This is a large mass and needs to be investigated properly again. You may please consult a General or an ENT Surgeon for a clinical evaluation, investigations and proper treatment.
I would advise you in such a situation the following:
-FNAC/ Biopsy is a must as this is the only investigations that gives correct and precise diagnosis to start a proper treatment.
- Investigations of the blood and urine just support the diagnosis.
- X-ray of the chest
- Ultrasonography of the abdomen particularly for lymph nodes, liver and spleen enlargement.

All these investigations will give us the proper diagnosis and treatment.

Hope this helps you

Patient: Ok am I able to request these tests to be done? Or is it something my doctor should have ordered? Do it matter if it hard?