Hi I have a question about a possible pregnancy.

Patient

Q: Hi... I have a question about a possible pregnancy... my fertile days in January were the 30th thru the 4th of February. The 4th was my technical ovulation day. I had unprotected sex 3 days out of those 6. Plus I had unprotected sex 3 days in a row before my first fertile day. The last couple weeks I have taken tests and they are all negative but I've had the milky white discharge as well as some watery discharge which I've read could be an early symptom. My next period is due the 18th of February. Is it possible I'm testing too early and could be getting a negative result for that reason?

Doctor

Thanks for the query on ATD.
If you have tested with a urine pregnancy kit way before your missed periods then it is likely that your results would be negative. The sensitivity of urine pregnancy test is high only after 7 days post missed periods only. If you intend to know the result earlier then , you should opt for blood serum beta hcg test after 7 days of last intercourse which can detect even minimum levels of hcg .
As you have been experiencing increased vaginal discharge after ovulation date and it could be due to progesterone effect of a possible pregnancy it is advised to get a beta hcg test strongly. If the levels of hcg are more than 1, then pregnancy is confirmed, lest if its less than 1, it is ruled out completely.
I hope I have answered your concerns in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards