Hi I have a question about compression fracture

Patient: Hi my name is amanda and I have a question I have a compression fracture in my L1 lumbar vertebra and herniated multiple of my invertebrate dics and I been going to the cnos and the doctor says that I’m not in the process for surgery at this time so he just gives me two kinds of medications and tells me to come bk in 3 weeks for x-rays to see how my back is so I go and he just tells me that one of my bones is still smashed down and to keep taking the medicine and to come bk in 3 more weeks for more x-rays. he doesn’t show me the pictures or nothing. I don’t know what to do well anyway today I’m having alot of pain cuz im on my menstrual cycle and I’m taking my medicine like I’m suppose to and Im taking midol and nothing is working some days I’m ok and some days I’m not but when I’m working it gets stiff alot and I have to sit down plz tell me what I show do Thanks

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. As you ha ve compression fracture, so need to take rest, analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief, and calcium supplements.If pain is not relieved by ibuprofen then you need to take strong analgesic such as tramadol after consulting your doctor. Rest is very important for healing. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.