Hi I have all of a sudden found blood in

Patient : Hi I have all of a sudden found blood in my poo it's diarrhea at the moment but I feel fine no pain I was at work holding it in today for about 4 hours could that of caused a tear or anything?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Diarrhea with mild bleeding in the s tool is suggestive of acute colitis, and there is no possibility of any tears here. Please start an antibiotic course like Tab. Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily for 5 days along with a course of probiotics. Hope this was helpful, Regards