Hi I have been experiencing pain problems with my left hip. It is agonizing at the moment.

Patient

Q: Hi I have been experiencing pain problems with my left hip. It isn't agonising at the moment. But it's quite painful. I don't get any pain in my knees. The pain is more around towards my back rather than the side. Iv been experiencing this for about 3 to 4 months. I thought I may have banged it but this is no bang. Iv touch it massaged it and it's one spot that's causing it badly when I touch it. I'm 18 years old. I get quite breathless also just of going up the stairs but I'm quite tall and weigh 9 stone so I'm not fat at all can you help me?

Doctor

Thanks for your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Looking to your age you should investigate by MRI of left hip and lumbar spine looking for the cause. Vitamin D3 deficiency is an important cause of backache so you should get your vitamin D3 level and if found low you can take its supplements. For breathlessness, you should get your hemoglobin as anaemia can cause breathlessness. If your hemoglobin level is normal then you need to do your heart function test and respiratory function test to know the cause. You can take analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief till then. Hope your query get answered.
Wishing you a good health. Take care.