Hi I have been feeling like I need to urinate

Q: Hi I have been feeling like I need to urinate after doing so. I have had UTIs before so I took an azo home test and my LEUs came back positive but the nitrate was negative. It suggested I might have a UTI. I have been on amoxicillian since last Thursday for a sinus infection, so if I didn't have bacteria from a UTI shouldnt that have been cleared up by the antibiotics I'm already on? I'm reluctant to go to the doctor if it's something I can treat at home. I'm not in a lot of pain I just do not want it to progress because I am traveling next week.

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
It seems you are suffering from Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).

Most common causes of UTI in females are:
2.Stones in the renal tract
3. Sexually transmitted.

I would advise you following:
1.Ultrasound Abdomen with KUB.
2. Hemogram
3. Urine culture.
4. X-ray KUB.
5. KFT.

You would be treated based on size, site of the stone.
If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.

This is my personal opinion for you based on available details.
Stay Healthy.