Hi I have been having issues with my knees Over

Patient

Q: Hi. I have been having issues with my knees. Over the past two years I have had pains in my knees. It started out once every few weeks but recently it has started hurting every other night. The only way I can describe this pain is as an "ache". Some times it hurts worse then others. Last night it woke me out of a dead sleep. It was hurting in my right knee & my left ankle. Although that was the first time it had moved to my ankle. The pain reminds me of what it feels like when you lay like on your arm too long & it goes to sleep only way worse. It doesn't tingle, burn, swell, or turn red. I don't think it is an injury because it changes locations. Nothing on the internet matches what I am feeling. Do you have any idea what is going on with me?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You have not mentioned about your age to better judge your disease. You should exclude vitamin D and vitamin B 12 deficiency. If found low you can take supplements of vitamin D 3 and Mecobalamin respectively. You may be having osteoarthritis of knee joints. Glucosamine and analgesic such as ibuprofen is of help. Quadriceps excercises are of help. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.