Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I have been having the following symptoms for over 3

Hi I have been having the following symptoms for over 3

Patient: HiI have been having the following symptoms for over 3 weeks:Continuous running noseTiredness alittleSneezingFeverishBlocked noseI commute to work on my bicycle and I have been rained on a few times. Coz it be am exposing myself or do I have early symptoms of hiv?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.When you say that you have been exposed, do you mean that you have had unprotected sex o r IV drug abuse with an infected needle. If either of those things is true, there is a chance that you got infected. One more thing is you must have been infected at least 6 years ago usually to get the symptoms of HIV.If you think that you have HIV, please get tested for the virus. If positive, see a Doctor for anti retroviral drugs.Hope this helps you.