Hi I have been having the following symptoms for over 3

Patient

Q: Hi
I have been having the following symptoms for over 3 weeks:

Continuous running nose
Tiredness alittle
Sneezing
Feverish
Blocked nose
I commute to work on my bicycle and I have been rained on a few times. Coz it be am exposing myself or do I have early symptoms of hiv?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

When you say that you have been exposed, do you mean that you have had unprotected sex or IV drug abuse with an infected needle. If either of those things is true, there is a chance that you got infected. One more thing is you must have been infected at least 6 years ago usually to get the symptoms of HIV.

If you think that you have HIV, please get tested for the virus. If positive, see a Doctor for anti retroviral drugs.

Hope this helps you.