Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I have been on antibiotics for possible PID

Hi I have been on antibiotics for possible PID

Patient: Hi. I have been on antibiotics for possible PID or sti for 5 days. I am continuing to have severe pains and an increase in bleeding. Is this normal?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood that you are taking antibiotics for PID or STI for 5 days. Ideally sy mptomatic relief should have been there in the form of no pain or bleeding.This indicates the need for clinical re-evaluation, physical examination, ultrasonography and other tests to see the probable cause and option for another / additional treatment.Consult your Gynecologist ASAP.I hope this answer helps you.