Hi, I have been sick for a few days and i have swollen glands

Patient : Hi, I have been sick for a few days and I am trying to figure out what I have. My systems are swollen glands, inner ear pain, swollen Mouth and fever. I assumed it was allergies but my mouth is hurting so bad. Thanks
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at “AskTheDoctor.com” The problem you have stated is suggestive of upper respirator atory infection. The cause of sore throat, most of the time is due to allergy and viral infection, it may sometimes get superadded with bacterial infection. You have likely contracted a bacterial throat infection called pharyngitis. As we are not certain as to what type of bacteria is causing this so we recommend that you have your doctor take a swabbing sample from the back of your throat for laboratory testing. You will likely be prescribed oral antibiotic medication along with painkillers like Advil to treat this infection. Please see your doctor.