Hi I have continuos pain in my left ankle

Patient : Hi I have continuos pain in my left ankle and have had this for 3/4 yrs on and off. I went to the doctor, had an MRI scan and found out I have a torn anterior talo fibular ligament, how could this have happened?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. You can get this injury if you have forced extension of the leg. The extension will caus e the front ligaments to tear. The tears is what is causing the problem for you. You can try to ice it and use Ibuprofen cream to help you reduce the swelling. Hope this helps you. All the best.