Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I have dealing with insomnia and anxiety since childhood

Hi I have dealing with insomnia and anxiety since childhood

Patient: Hi. I have dealing with insomnia and anxiety since childhood. I was on doxepin 100mg for a number of years and it helped with my insomnia significantly but about 2 years ago it stopped being effective. My insomnia has gotten worse, I have constant headaches, extremely loud tinnitus and constant nausea. I’m not able to concentrate on anything or function normally. The biggest issue is that doctors have had me on a number of medications that don’t work. I don’t understand if I’ve developed a tolerance for medications or if I’m not seeing the right doctors. Medications I’m currently on ambien, propranolol er and zofran. None seem to be effective. Medications I have been on most ssri’s, Imitrex, lorazepam. Blood work normal, Mri normal.

Symptoms: Insomnia, anxiety, headaches and nausea.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood your history of suffering from Insomnia for a long time and Doctors have tried all the medicines including Ambien, propranolol er, Zofran, but nothing is working at the moment .Also have constant headaches, extremely loud tinnitus and constant nausea, not able to concentrate on anything or function normally.Yes, you are right in saying that the body and mind gets accustomed to the medicines faster.Yes, you are right , newer medicines may be needed.I would advise you to try even the alternative pathies like acupressure, meditation, yoga and so on whichever works for you.An opinion of a Psychiatrist may also help a lot.