Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I have g6pd deficiency I’m down with a very

Hi I have g6pd deficiency I’m down with a very

Patient: Hi. I have g6pd deficiency. I’m down with a very bad cold. Can you please advise if I should be avoiding using nasacort aq nasal spray and taking chlorpheniramine?

Symptoms: Running nose, fever, sore throat, excessive phlegm, cough, tiredness

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you should try non-medical treatment without any drugs. You can try doing s team inhalation with Vicks.This will help you with the sinus infection. Certain medications which cause a person to become hypoxic and cause damages to Red blood cells.If you have to take medications, please talk to a Doctor. Hope this helps you. All the best.