Hi i have had the nexplanon implant since August 2014

Patient: Hi i have had the nexplanon implant since August 2014 to help regulate periods and as birth control. However I still suffered continuous light bleeding for months. My doctor then put me on norethindrone which stopped my bleeding. However I stopped norethindrone for 5 days because I ran out of my prescription. While i was off norethindrone i had unprotected sex. Is there a chance I could be pregnant or am i safe because i have the nexplanon implant?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concern here.No, the chances of pre gnancy are not there in your case as you are on implanon.Implanon can be effective for 3 yrs.So please do not take any stress. I would recommend you to take a urine pregnancy test if you missed your period.Hopefully it was found useful, feel free to ask more questions.Good luck.Regards