Hi i have had the nexplanon implant since August 2014

Patient : Hi i have had the nexplanon implant since August 2014 to help regulate periods and as birth control. However I still suffered continuous light bleeding for months. My doctor then put me on norethindrone which stopped my bleeding. However I stopped norethindrone for 5 days because I ran out of my prescription. While i was off norethindrone i had unprotected sex. Is there a chance I could be pregnant or am i safe because i have the nexplanon implant?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care. I can understand your concern here. No, the chances of pre gnancy are not there in your case as you are on implanon. Implanon can be effective for 3 yrs. So please do not take any stress. I would recommend you to take a urine pregnancy test if you missed your period. Hopefully it was found useful, feel free to ask more questions. Good luck. Regards