Hi, I have had what seems like anxiety in my

Patient

Q: Hi, I have had what seems like anxiety in my chest/sternum for a few years now and it's been so bad this past year to the point that if someone touches my sternum or I don't have the right amount of pressure on it I get the anxiety feeling where it seems like it's almost caving in. It's not painful but VERY uncomfortable. I have to sleep on my stomach. Unless it's a tight shirt not even that can touch it. Should I be worried? Or is it all in my head? It's not just every now and then it's almost constant, especially at night.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think you should see a Doctor just to confirm if you have a heart issue or not. See a Doctor and get an ECG done.

The ECG will rule out heart disease. If the ECG is negative, then you may have anxiety and you can be helped for that as well. Hope this helps you. All the best.