Hi, I have Hypothyroidism and I have been taking Levothyroxine

Q: Hi, I have Hypothyroidism and I have been taking Levothyroxine for about 5 years now and since then I have had a minor eye twitch which comes and goes throughout the day, I don't notice it myself but other people do and it has been causing a lot of anxiety and stress for me, making me very self consious. Could this be due to my Levothyroxine medication? I am concerned I will suffer with this eye twitch for the rest of my life. I am 15 years old.

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

No, eye twitching is not a side effect of levothyroxine. It could be due to a minor vitamin deficiency or could be due to other associated eye conditions or allergies.
I will advise you take a course of multivitamin-multimineral supplement such as Pharmaton, and also consult an ophthalmologist for a routine eye-check up.

Hope this was helpful,