Hi I have irregular periods and 44 days average cycle

Patient: Hi I have irregular periods and 44 days average cycle. Last period was on 20th February and it’s been 55 days no period.. I have taken hpt on missed day of period it was negative…. Please analyse my situation.. I had very few very light spotting with vaginal discharge one week before period…

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many ca uses like lifestyle modifications, polycystic ovary disease etc leading to gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc.Sometimes urine pregnancy test can give positive result after one week of expected date of periods.So, better to repeat the test.If test gives negative result, you may wait for one more week, possibly your spotting may turn into menstrual flow by that time.If spotting persists or stops and menstrual irregularity recurs, better to get evaluated.In that case, please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc.With this workup the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care.