Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi i have just cleaned out my ears and now

Hi i have just cleaned out my ears and now

Patient: Hi i have just cleaned out my ears and now i cant hear properly on my left side?

Doctor: HI.This is the commonest problems faced by someone who tried to clean the ears at home.In practice when you clean your ears you always feel that you have cleared it and actually one removes only a part of it and part of it is pushed inside towards the ear drum.This way it blocks the ear more and more.I would advise you to stop doing anything further o your own.You need a proper clinical evaluation, examination and cleaning under vision by a professional.I hope this answer helps you to understand the problem you created and the solution.