Hi, I have just had an abscess on my leg burst

Patient : Hi, I have just had an abscess on my leg burst open with blood and pus. I have cleaned it up with antiseptic wipes and covered it with a big plaster. Is it okay to continue doing this until it's drained or should I seek medical help? Many thanks.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting ATD. Healing of the abscess depends on the measures taken on cleaning the abscess. Drainage is very important part of abscess management. Do not apply plaster and let the pus come out of it. Consulting a surgeon is quite important as completing drainage of pus and regular dressing speed up healing process. Have a great day.