Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I have pcos and I am taking treatment

Hi I have pcos and I am taking treatment

Patient: Hi I have pcos and I am taking treat ment for that. On 3rd doctor gave me injection to rupture the egg and now today after ovulation my back and leg pain like periods pain . my last month period came on 17 and today is 18th still no periods am I pregnant

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Abdominal cramps and backache can be seen in the premenstrual phase and also in early pregnancy.So, confirmative test is needed to come to one conclusion.Usually, menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.So, better to wait for few more days. If you do not get periods even one week after expected date, please go for urine pregnancy test once to find out the possibility of pregnancy.Take care