Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I have recently noticed my shoulder cracking

Hi, I have recently noticed my shoulder cracking

Patient: Hi, I have recently noticed my shoulder cracking this has become quite painful and uncomfortable, it cracks when I rotate or twist my arm, the pain goes from my shoulder down to my elbow! Any ideas what could cause this?

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may b e having tendinitis of one of the tendons of the shoulder. It may be due to overexertion, may be related to exercise. Treatment of it is analgesics like Ibuprofen for relief and rest to joint. Vitamin B and C help in recovery. You can get MRI to further investigate it.Hope your query got answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.