Hi I have SEVERE upper back pain

Patient: Hi. I have SEVERE upper back pain due to having had a tense back, placing a small, hard instrument under my back and accidentally falling asleep. Its been a week now with little improvement, what should I do?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Kindly see a Doctor for an examination if there has been any deep injury, as you say it was a sharp instrument that was placed on your back.You may consider taking an analgesic like Paracetamol or Ibuprofen for pain relief until you see a doctor. Drink plenty of water and use a hard mattress and avoid bumpy rides, two wheelers.Hope this helped.Regards