Hi I have stopped having sexual intercourse with my partner

Patient

Q: Hi I have stopped having sexual intercourse with my partner since last night, when am I ok to stop taking the birth control pills?

Doctor

If you are seeking any emergency contraception, then you must take the birth control pills immediately. This should be done under doctor supervision and not by yourself as dose repeatation and dose modulation is needed.
If you want to take it as a birth control pill you must start it on second day of your cycle and continue until 21 days or continuously depending on whether you want a monthly cycle everytime or not.
This ahs many side effects including heavy and irregular bleeding.

Hope this helped
Feel free to write back in case of anu clarifications.