Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I have the birth control implenon implant in my

Hi, I have the birth control implenon implant in my

Patient: Hi, I have the birth control implenon implant in my arm and my period came on February 2015 and I went to the clinic and they gave me a three month supply of birth control pills to take. It is now May 22 and I am not on my last week of taking the pills. My last day will be May 23rd. But the pills were to stop the bleeding. How long would it take for the bleeding to stop after I take the last pill?

Symptoms: Bad Cramps and very heavy bleeding

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If the pills have not been effective enough to stop the bleeding by now, you will hav e to see the doctor soon for an evaluation and additional treatment like hormonal injections and tablets to stop the bleeding. A better method od management other than the pills will be needed.Hope this helped.Regards