Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I have vommitted in my mouth twice over the

Hi I have vommitted in my mouth twice over the

Patient: Hi. I have vommitted in my mouth twice over the last week. Along with that over the last 2or 3 days, I have had incredible tightness behind my left breast, should & about 1/3 down my arm. And with that, trying to take a deep breath is painful. There’s no excruciating pain though.My dad’s side has a huge history of heart disease.

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.Most common causes of chest pain are:1. Muscular Pai n / Costochondritis2. Chest pain due to heart issues3. Acid peptic diseaseWe can’t afford to miss cardiac reason for chest pain so we always advise to get an ECG and Chest Xray done. This will give an idea that pain is cardiac in nature or not.If the ECG and Chest Xray are normal, the pain is probably Muscular or due to Acid reflux.For acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.If you have recurrent episodes of acidity, get upper GI endoscopy and Ultrasound Abdomen done.For muscular chest pain, do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy