Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I just started Levora birth control pills 3 days

Hi, I just started Levora birth control pills 3 days

Patient: Hi,I just started Levora birth control pills 3 days ago. I am taking the pill at 9:00pm, but I am taking it with food and I don’t go to bed till around 12am. I am fine when I go to sleep but I wake up in the middle of the night feeling very nauseous and that feeling continues till around lunchtime the next day. Will I get used to the medicine? If so how long will it take. I don’t want to feel like this for months.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.After starting the birth control pills, initially for some da ys side effects like nausea can be experienced.Taking the tablet along with food helps in decreasing nausea actually.And try to decrease the time gap between taking food and sleep, better to maintain one to one and half hours gap.And also try to take something within one hour after waking up in the morning, which can help in decreasing nausea.If needed you can take the support of antacids and antiemetics with your doctor’s advice.Possibly you can get relieved of these side effects in few weeks.Take care