Hi I just started on ortho evra this Wednesday

Patient : Hi I just started on ortho evra this Wednesday, I just had unprotected sex and I was wondering if I had to take a plan b pill? I was supposed to be on my period right now but since I started on the patch this week I haven't gotten it.
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. You do not need plan b, as y ou have already started on the patch, and also, your period was supposed to come just before starting it. There is no way ovulation could have happened in the last few days, as it happens around the 14th day of the cycle. So please do not worry. Hope this was helpful, Regards