Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hi I live in a country where abortion is illegal

Hi I live in a country where abortion is illegal

Patient: Hi. I live in a country where abortion is illegal. However my husband got me some cytotec in order to terminate the pregnancy. He also got canesten so that I may use the insertion stick for the cytotec. His instructions to me were not clear. He meant to say have 2 tablets orally and 2 vaginally every 4 hours until the pregnancy has been terminated. I understood take 2 tablets of cytotec orally and 2 tablets of canesten vaginally. That is what I did. 3 times. There have been no side effects besides some mild cramping. I still have 8 pills of cytotec left. Can I insert 4 vaginally now and then another 4 in 4 hours? Or will it react badly with the canesten?

Doctor: