Hi I m fifth week pregnant today went for usg

Q: Hi I m fifth week pregnant today went for u s the doc told me 4 gast sacs 1.11.2mm 2nd 10.1mm 3rd 10.8mm and 4th 14.5mm.with good deciduL reaction.no fetel pore seen.what does it mean and is there anything wrong.I used clomid.

Thanks for the query,

The presence of four gestational sacs inside uterus indicates that you are pregnant with quadruplets or simply that you have four pregnancies. Though none has developed a foetal pole, you must get a repeat ultrasound after 2 weeks to check for the foetal viability and check for foetal pole and heartbeat. This is a side effect of ovulation inducing drug like clomifene or Clomid, which can cause co-maturation of multiple follicles together and then subsequent rupture. It is likely that multiple follicles have ruptured together and have been fertilised in the same cycle leading to quadruplets.
Please wait for the repeat ultrasound results as nature itself naturally causes selective embryo reduction and choosing the fittest sacs to survive and develop a foetal pole,

Hope this helps.