Hi I missed my periods by 3 days I did a test with home kits. I don't want to get pregnant.

Patient : Hi I missed my periods by 3days I did a test with home kits it was negative I had sex 2weeks back please help I dont want to get pregnant
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query, If you have had sex 2 weeks back , and it is likely that you were in your fertile perio d then , hence possibilities of conception are high. If after 3 days of missed period the urine pregnancy test is negative, it is suggested that you may perform it again after 5 days , to reconfirm as the sensitivity of urine pregnancy test is only after 7 days post missed periods. however you may opt for the serum beta hcg test to rule out pregnancy immediately if so desire. This is a lab based test which checks for levels of hcg which is an indicator of annoying pregnancy if the test is positive , else rules out pregnancy completely. So please confirm the pregnancy first before taking any decisions. regards