Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi i noticed for about a month i have had

Hi i noticed for about a month i have had

Patient: Hi i noticed for about a month i have had this smooth red spot on the head of my penis there’s no irritation or anything like that and its been more than 5 months since i’ve had sexual activity with anyone so i was wondering if you could help me

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. II have read your query.I understand your concern.Such red spot glans may be due to following reasons-1) Candidial Balanoposthitis : it is fungal infection of skin involving the genital area. It is usually associated with itch. Itch may be absent in diabetic patients or on application of some medications.2)Fixed drug eruption: it is the development of well defined rash over fixed area on taking some medications like pain killers /antibiotics.Treatment depends on the diagnosis.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy