Hi i noticed for about a month i have had

Patient : Hi i noticed for about a month i have had this smooth red spot on the head of my penis there's no irritation or anything like that and its been more than 5 months since i've had sexual activity with anyone so i was wondering if you could help me
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. I I have read your query. I understand your concern. Such red spot glans may be due to following reasons- 1) Candidial Balanoposthitis : it is fungal infection of skin involving the genital area. It is usually associated with itch. Itch may be absent in diabetic patients or on application of some medications. 2)Fixed drug eruption: it is the development of well defined rash over fixed area on taking some medications like pain killers /antibiotics. Treatment depends on the diagnosis. Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription accordingly. You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps. Stay healthy