Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi! I recently had unprotected sex on the 26th

Hi! I recently had unprotected sex on the 26th

Patient: Hi! I recently had unprotected sex on the 26th of March at around 7PM. My partner withdrawed well before time but I was worried about pre cum. The next day at around 1 PM I took a morning after pill. A week afterwards I had a brown discharge which lasted around 2 days. Yesterday night (8th of April) I woke up extremely nauseous and very bloated and gassy. I have bad eating habit and that might be due to it but I also read this is an pregnancy sign. My last period was on the 22nd of March and it is a little irregular usually lasting 2-3 days. Is there a chance that I am pregnant?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your history the possibility of pregnancy is le ss.-As you had intercourse around 4th day of menstrual cycle and usually ovulation will not occur in that period in case of 28 to 30 days cycles.-As there was no ejaculation-As you took emergency pill within time and had withdrawal bleed also.So, the symptoms you are having could be due to gastrointestinal problem.If symptoms persist, please consult your doctor and take treatment accordingly.Take care