Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi! I recently injured my thumb It is painful to

Hi! I recently injured my thumb It is painful to

Patient: Hi! I recently injured my thumb. It is painful to move, especially backwards and hurts along the outer thumb on the side of the MCPjoint to the touch. What is causing this? is there a ligament that could be injured there?

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are c orrect. I think you got joint injury including collateral ligaments of MCP joints of thumb.Rest and analgesic are its treatment. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.