Hi, I recently started taking birth control (alesse 28), and I

Patient : Hi, I recently started taking birth control (alesse 28), and I am now two pills away from taking my placebo pills. A couple of days ago, I began to have bleeding (less than what I usually have on a period but more than light spotting), and I've been having cramps (pretty much as severe as period cramps). Is this something I should be worried about? Should I go to the clinic?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. There is no need to worry about anything. As long as you have your cycles on time or ev en a little early, you need to worry. Pills can cause early or delayed cycles, heavy or mild bleeding and even intermittent spotting. It is expected to settle down in 3 months time. You may take an antispasmodic medication for pain relief and drink plenty of water. Hope this helped. Regards