Hi I slept with a girl on 25/5/15 and she

Patient

Q: Hi I slept with a girl on 25/5/15 and she told me she had tested positive to chlaymidia a couple days later on the 29/5/15 I went to local doctors and took some antibiotics for treatment of chlamydia I am concerned I took the treatment too early and that I may still have the infection is it possible to have taken the treatment too early?

Doctor

A:   Hello.
Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion.

As mentioned you had sex with a woman who had been tested positive for chlamydia then after 4 days generally the symptoms of increased frequency of urine and burning micturition usually start. But as you already taken the medications for the same it is in fact good that you have taken care of the infection during its incubation stage itself if it would have infected you.

There is nothing which needs to be done at present if you are asymptomatic and as a urine culture test would anyways come negative due to antibiotic course, you should ideally wait for a week to observe if urinary symptoms occur else you should consider yourself infection free and further it can be confirmed after a urine culture post one week from now.

I hope I have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,