Hi, I sprained my ankle about 4 weeks ago

Patient

Q: Hi, I sprained my ankle about 4 weeks ago during track practice hopping over blocks with my left foot and landed the wrong way and immediately when it happened i got it examined at the hospital and they said it was just a sprain but wanted me to get a follow up x ray too make sure there were no fractures but i never got it done. Currently a little after 4 weeks and my ankle is still swollen, what do you recommend me doing?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are having sprain. Now 4 weeks already passed. You need to do mobilisation exercises of the ankle joint. Analgesic such as ibuprofen are needed for pain relief. Elevation of ankle over pillow during resting hours and sleeping is advisable. You can get your x-ray to exclude fracture.

Hope your query got answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.