Hi I started spotting around my period only for maybe a day

Patient

Q: Hi I started spotting around my period only for maybe a day now it's been two weeks and I'm spotting again what can this mean

Doctor

Thank for the query,

If you have had scanty bleed during your menses and then again after 2 weeks you have started spotting then it can be either a breakthrough bleed if you are using a contraceptive for protection or this could be an implantation bleed unless pregnancy is ruled out. So it is important that a serum beta hCG test is done first to rule out pregnancy and f ruled out then progesterone deficiency can be the most common attributable cause for such breakthrough bleeds in the mid-cycle. This may be established or further ruled out by a hormonal profile. It is suggested that you may visit your physician and get a complete evaluation done.

Hope this helps.