Hi I started spotting around my period only for maybe a day

Patient: Hi I started spotting around my period only for maybe a day now it’s been two weeks and I’m spotting again what can this mean

Doctor: Hello,Thank for the query,If you have had scanty bleed during your menses and then again after 2 weeks you have s tarted spotting then it can be either a breakthrough bleed if you are using a contraceptive for protection or this could be an implantation bleed unless pregnancy is ruled out. So it is important that a serum beta hCG test is done first to rule out pregnancy and f ruled out then progesterone deficiency can be the most common attributable cause for such breakthrough bleeds in the mid-cycle. This may be established or further ruled out by a hormonal profile. It is suggested that you may visit your physician and get a complete evaluation done.Hope this helps.Regards