Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, i started taking afaxy birthcontrol pills, and i only

Hi, i started taking afaxy birthcontrol pills, and i only

Patient: Hi, i started taking afaxy birthcontrol pills, and i only took them for a week. Then i forgot to take them 2 days in a row and both times i had unprotected sex. 3 days later i started my period, could i still be pregnant and what are my chances of being pregnant ?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There is no chance of pregnancy if you are sure that it is a regular period lasting for many days rather than a spotting.When one gets a period after an intercourse, irrespective of taking pills or not, it means that there is no pregnancy.Never miss a birth control pill or even delay it by few hours as it can lead to contraception failure.Hope this helped.Regards