Hi I started to feel shoulder pain while swimming a

Q: Hi. I started to feel shoulder pain while swimming a few weeks ago. I tried to be careful in the gym but the trouble worsened. This may be related to an injury from four years ago, when I dislocated my shoulder skiing. I took a one week rest from the gym but it hasn't improved. When i sleep, i have to avoid lying on my right side. I'm wondering how long i should abstain from exercise? Is there anything else i should be doing for it? Thank you for your time.

Symptoms:  Shoulder pain, mostly when i raise it overhead or rest on my right side.