Hi I take truvada as prep, today I had my

Patient : Hi I take truvada as prep, today I had my condom broken should I go to emergency room to take pep
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion, If you have been on Truvada for PREP and have had a condom misa dventure during a sexual encounter. If the HIV status of your partner is unknown and even though you have been on Truvada, just taking TRUVADA may not keep you from getting HIV-1. You must continue using safer sex practices while you are taking TRUVADA to reduce your risk of getting HIV-1. To further reduce your risk of getting HIV-1: Get tested for other sexually transmitted infections. Other infections make it easier for HIV-1 to infect you. Hence, it is suggested that it would be wise to undertake a post exposure prophylaxis if the HIV status of your partner is confirmed. I hope i have answered your query, Wishing you safe sexual practices, Regards