Hi, I think I have an underarm ingrown hair cyst

Patient

Q: Hi, I think I have an underarm ingrown hair cyst. I only noticed it recently, but I'm not sure how long has it been since it developed into a cyst. It's slightly larger than a pimple and has pus in it. I do recall seeing a red bump after shaving a week or two ago, but I left it there thinking it would go away on its own. I find it abit embarrassing to visit the doctor on this, is there any home treatment for it?

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called Furunculosis. It is a bacterial infection of the skin involving the hair follicle and surrounding areas.
In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area. If severe, consideration is given to start oral antibiotics like Cloxacillin, Amoxicillin clavulanic Acid combination.
Get your Blood sugar levels done.
Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope this helps.
Take care.