Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I think I’m having a miscarriage right now I

Hi I think I’m having a miscarriage right now I

Patient: Hi I think I’m having a miscarriage right now I had sex on the 13 th of May today I woke up and I was bleeding some reason and cramping and starting to get cold and I know my period wasn’t supposed to come until 2 more weeks could u help me

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Intermenstrual bleeding can be seen due to causes like duri ng ovulation or in other days due to gonadal hormonal imbalance, side effects of the hormonal contraceptive methods, pelvic inflammatory disease presenting with cervical erosion, cervical polyp, post coital bleeding, in case of pregnancy implantation bleeding, miscarriage etc.If bleeding persists or repeats better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.By clinical examination causes like post coital tear, cervical erosion, polyp etc can be ruled out.If your doctor recommends go for ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile etc.Ultrasound will help in ruling out the possibility of pregnancy, miscarriage and also any endometrial abnormality.Gonadal hormonal profile helps in finding out hormonal imbalance.Then with your doctor’s advice you can take treatment according to the cause of your problem.Take care.