Hi I thought I had a water infectionThe doctor tested

Patient : Hi I thought I had a water infection...The doctor tested my urine sample and after a while she questioned my last period. She then suggested I take a test at home a week later. What could she have gotten from testing my urine to suggest a home pregnancy test?
Symptoms:  Stomach pains/tightening, more use of toilet
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. It is possible that they tested your urine for hCG which is a hormone that is increased in pregnancy. If you are having that, then you may need a USG or a serum hCG to help you to recover. Hope this helps you. All the best.