Hi, I took 5 mg of prescribed Xanax for panick

Patient

Q: Hi, I took .5 mg of prescribed Xanax for panick attacks... I drank a beer and glass of wine at 830 pm and I just took .5 mg of Xanax now... Will I be okay? I'm not going to die or go into a coma am I?

Symptoms:  Hi, I took .5 mg of prescribed Xanax for panick attacks... I drank a beer and glass of wine at 830 pm and I just took .5 mg of Xanax now... Will I be okay? I'm not going to die or go into a coma am I?
Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.
You should avoid such combinations as they can cause severe sedation causing respiratory depression and in worst cases aspiration and even death.
I would advise you to drink plenty of water and to sleep with any elder of your family.
In case they notice any abnormal symptoms, they will take you to ER.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy