Hi, I took an abortion pillonly misoprostol 10 weeks 5 days pregnant.

Patient

Q: Hi am sandra.... I took an abortion pill....only misoprostol.... And 10week and 5days pregnant.... I only bled for a day with no pain.... Pls i want to know if i can take it again.... Then it will work better

Doctor

A:   Hello.

At 10 weeks and 5 days period of gestation, you have already crossed the limit for medical abortion or termination of pregnancy with medications alone. The placenta is well established now and would be difficult to dislodge at this time. The option left for you is hospital induced abortion with techniques like Foleys catheter cervical ripening or with low-dose misoprostol oral regimen for maximum 48 hrs which can soften the cervix and then uterine contractions can be initiated with Syntocinon as iv drip in regulated phased manner which can then naturally abort the foetus. The chances of bleeding heavy are high, hence individual attempts at home are highly discouraged during this period of gestation as it can be life threatening in some cases due to excessive bleeding.
So it is suggested that you visit your physician and discuss the options before taking an informed decision.

I hope I have answered your query in detail.
Wishing you good health.