Hi, I took plan b about 3 weeks ago and i

Patient : Hi, I took plan b about 3 weeks ago and i should be getting my period around the 8th. Ive been experiencing side effects such as spotting, and breast tenderness. The ive been spotting for about a week now sometimes it can be heavy and then light is that my period or just irregular spotting?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Spotting does occur after ta king Plan B in some women, however, it does not persist for a week like you mentioned. You probably just got your period, since you mentioned the spotting can be light to heavy. If it continues beyond 2 weeks, you will need to consult a gynecologist and proceed. Hope this was helpful, Regards