Hi, I took plan b about 3 weeks ago and i

Patient

Q: Hi,
I took plan b about 3 weeks ago and i should be getting my period around the 8th. Ive been experiencing side effects such as spotting, and breast tenderness. The ive been spotting for about a week now sometimes it can be heavy and then light is that my period or just irregular spotting?

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

Spotting does occur after taking Plan B in some women, however, it does not persist for a week like you mentioned.
You probably just got your period, since you mentioned the spotting can be light to heavy.
If it continues beyond 2 weeks, you will need to consult a gynecologist and proceed.

Hope this was helpful,