Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I took plan b about 3 weeks ago and i

Hi, I took plan b about 3 weeks ago and i

Patient: Hi,I took plan b about 3 weeks ago and i should be getting my period around the 8th. Ive been experiencing side effects such as spotting, and breast tenderness. The ive been spotting for about a week now sometimes it can be heavy and then light is that my period or just irregular spotting?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Spotting does occur after ta king Plan B in some women, however, it does not persist for a week like you mentioned.You probably just got your period, since you mentioned the spotting can be light to heavy.If it continues beyond 2 weeks, you will need to consult a gynecologist and proceed.Hope this was helpful,Regards