Hi I usually ovulate on day 13

Q: Hi
I usually ovulate on day 13 but on day 10 to day 14, my dentist dr put me on ibuprofen and augmentin.
For ibuprofen, i took twice a dose of 600 mg from 10 to the morning of 14 of my cycle (a total of 9 pills with 2 liters of water per day). I lately read that ibuprofen can delay or even prevent ovulation so i stopped it immediately because i am trying to conceive. But on day 13 (expected ovulation) i had spotting as usual.. so i am wondering if these 9 pills did really delay ovulation and if it was delayed, when the egg realeases can i still conceive?
PS: This is my first time taking ibuprofen

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

As long as ovulation is delayed, it should not be a big problem. The ovulation will still happen. What you need to do is to have sex regularly at intervals of every 2 days. The 2 days is an ideal time to wait as the sperm quality of your partner will be good.

If you are not able to conceive after a year of trying, you need to see a Doctor. Ibuprofen has minimal effect in delaying ovulation and I would not expect it to delay periods by more than 1 to 2 days.

Wishing you the best.