Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I was cleaning my bathroom tub with bleach and

Hi, I was cleaning my bathroom tub with bleach and

Patient: Hi,I was cleaning my bathroom tub with bleach and the fumes are the bleach got in my nose and eyes. My nose is ok. I’m just a little worried about my eyes. They feel a little irritated like something is in my eye. I rinsed them with salt water. The right eye is red and bo pain the left eye is white with no pain just a little irritation. Do you think I should go to the ER?

Symptoms: Little eye irritation

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Yes, I think you should see a Doctor as soon as possible. It is possible the fumes damag ed the cornea and you should get the right treatment done to help them recover. Hope this helps you.